1. 0.050430 has how many significant figures?
2. 471 + 0.7030 = ?
3. A man swims at a speed of 2 km per hour. For 1 second, he slows down to a speed of 1 km per
hour. What's his average acceleration?
A. 1 km per second squared
B. 1/3600 km per second squared
C. 1 meter per second squared
D. meter squared per second
E. 1 km per hour squared
4. An object with a mass of 1 kg moves at a speed of 10 meters per second. What is its kinetic
A. 50 joule
B. 100 joule
C. 200 joule
D. 400 joule
E. 500 joule
Answers: 1.D, 2.E, 3.B, 4.A
Please note that this sample is not meant to represent every question type that you will encounter
on the exam. It is meant to give you a general idea of what the Physics questions are like. For more
detailed information or for more practice tests, download the SAT Subject Tests app!
Test Prep Strategies
- Always remember that physics is about real life situations, so do not bury yourself in the numbers and mathematical operations.
- You should memorize and learn the proofs for certain formulas. It will be much easier for you to memorize them once you learn the proof for a formula. Besides, you can derive them by yourself in the test if you forget them.
- While you are doing practice tests, keep time! This will improve your time management skills.
- If you are not sure about your answer, backsolve. This involves plugging in your answerchoice and seeing if it works.
- Get used to doing questions without a calculator! Calculators are not allowed during the exam.
- Pay attention to the units in questions! If you don’t, extremely large or small numbers will appear.
- Most importantly: read the entire question!