SAT MATH LEVEL 1
1. To rent a DVD, it costs $m per day for each of the first 3 days and $n for each day thereafter.
Which of the following expressions shows the cost of renting a DVD in dollars for d days, when
2. If ax²+10x+5 has two solutions, which of the following cannot be the value of a?
3. If a regular hexagon has a perimeter of 36, what is the area of the hexagon?
4. What is the length of the line segment on the line y= 2x+1 whose endpoints have y coordinates 3
Answers: 1.D, 2.A, 3.A, 4.D
Please note that this sample is not meant to represent every question type that you will encounter
on the exam. It is meant to give you a general idea of what the Math Level 1 questions are like. For
more detailed information or for more practice tests, download the SAT Subject Tests app!
Test Prep Strategies
- Start with topic tests before taking full practice tests. First comprehend each topic, then learn about the different types of questions via topic tests.
- While you are doing practice tests, keep time! This will improve your time management skills.
- Redo the questions that you missed on practice tests. The best way to learn is to learn from your mistakes!
- If you are not sure about your answer, backsolve. This involves plugging in your answer choice and seeing if it works.
- In geometry questions, if you do NOT encounter an expression like “Figure not drawn to scale,” trust that figure.
- In geometry questions, if you encounter an expression like “Figure not drawn to scale,” redraw that figure.
- Know your calculator! Acceptable calculators include Texas Instruments and Casio graphing calculators.
- Do not forget that in Math Level 1, your calculator should be in degree mode. No questions require your calculator to be in radian mode.